Old Fashioned Cocktail Kit
Makes 18 cocktails
Without doubt, an Old Fashioned is revered as one of the most iconic and classic drinks in the world. Dating back to the early 1800s, it is one of the oldest cocktails of all time– fitting, after all, for a drink that is named ‘Old Fashioned’.
For these Old Fashioned Cocktail Kits we have mixed for you an Old Fashioned Cocktail Syrup like no other, with a blend of bitters that culminates in a world-class drink when combined over ice with ‘The Churchill’.
The Churchill is a truly special, genuine high-rye bourbon that’s been crafted following time-honoured traditions. Distilled in Lawrenceburg by world-renowned distiller MGP of Indiana, The Churchill has been aged for six years in well-travelled, heavily charred American oak barrels then small-batch blended and bottled (unfiltered) at cask strength.
At Gault’s Cocktails we believe The Churchill is one of the very best high-rye bourbons available. Perfect served on the rocks, or even better, for making our exceptional and authentic Old Fashioned cocktail—either way, we’re very confident you’ll agree it’s an exceptional product.
- The Churchill High-Rye Bourbon (750ml)
- Old Fashioned Cocktail Syrup (450ml)
- Pour 25ml Old Fashioned Cocktail Syrup into a chilled rocks glass.
- Add 1 large ice cube (or use 4 smaller cubes).
- Tip 40ml The Churchill High-Rye Bourbon over the ice.
- Gently stir to combine.
- Using a vegetable peeler, shave off a piece of orange peel and run it around the rim of the glass. Squeeze the orange peel over the drink to release the oils, then drop it into the glass and serve.
My reckoning is a stirred drink is not dissimilar to a vinaigrette—you must mix until you’ve combined everything just right so there’s a perfect balance of all ingredients. Gently stir your Old Fashioned with ice, being sure you don't let the ice melt so much that it makes the drink watery.